Here are some statistics that verify how a ‘Customer Experience Strategy” can improve your business dramatically.
- 95% of dissatisfied customers tell others about their bad experience. (Source: Dimensional Research)
- 82% of consumers say the #1 factor that leads to great customer experience is having issues resolved quickly. (Live Person)
- By 2020, customer experience will overtake price and products as the key brand differentiator. (Source: Customers 2020 Report)
- 80% of CEO’s believe they deliver a superior customer experience but only 8% of their customers agree. (Source: Bain and Company)
- On an average, consumers tell 15 people about their good experiences and 24 people about their bad experience.
Here are five tips to enhance your customer’s experience with your company.
- Design a “Customer Experience Strategy” for your company and share it with every employee. Ask for input from employees and your customers. Once the strategy is in place, you will be well on the way to success.
- Whether your customer interaction is on-line, on the phone, or in person, every touch is important. For example, if you are selling a product on line, the process from finding the product, to ordering the item(s) needs to be a simple process. An enjoyable customer experience will bring your customer back.
- Let your customer know that you care about their experience with your company. Don’t be afraid to ask them for their input, especially after the sale. This simple gesture gives you the type of feedback that will let you know how your Customer Experience Strategy is working.
- When you are interacting with your customer smile and keep a positive disposition. People always remember how you make them feel.
- Reward your customer. Sometimes a simple thank you is all it takes. Offering a discount on their next purchase is another example. You can be creative or keep it simple. Rewarding the customer for using your company is a proven strategy.
“My passion for developing a “Customer Experience Strategy” is simple. Customer experience is one of the main reasons why a business succeeds or fails yet most companies spend little time on it. “ Len Motuzas V-P Thrive Service Inc.